Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Barder


Assuming the dog in your story is named Barder, and that the orange turban gives him the power of flight…
Your assignment is to respond to the above visual prompt. Write something you’ll be proud to share and display.
Find more of Jan Von Holleben's photography at http://www.janvonholleben.com/?page_id=4
“Have you ever loved someone so much you just wish they would have a harsh reality check? I mean I have, sometimes I feel bad that I want something bad to happen to Barder but I mean hes horrible. So if you haven’t figured it out yet Barder is my dog. I bought ‘em for only 10 dollars ( now I know why he was only 10 dollars). Anyway, hes a pain in my ass, the guy who sold him too me said he was a magical dog, and that only a worthy owner could tame him. Hes been with me for 10 years and I ain't tamed him yet, maybe I'm not worthy. So back to the subject Barder needs a reality check. He was born with the ability to talk, uugh DOGS SHOULDN'T TALK because they never shut up. He also came with this orange turban… his nickname is Taliban. But this turban trips me out, when he wears it he can fly. Yes I said it fly! I know what your thinking a talking,flying dog??? I QUIT LAST YEAR drugs are bad yes I know. Moving on, Barder feels as if the world owes him something because he’s different. He’s lazy, he wont even fly to the corner store. More importantly his attitude towards saving people is so shitty, I mean come on you’re a TALKING, FLYING, dog. I don’t know what his issue is but last week I got fed up. Now here comes the serious part. I need help I need help on trying to teach him the value of helping others. Does anyone on this entire Internet no how to help me.”
Doug ended his blogpost and went to go check up on barder. Everything he had said was true, he tried to be funny with his post to hide how frustrated he was. He didn’t want to let anyone know that he really couldn’t handle a 15 year old talking, sometimes flying pooch, but he couldn't. “BAARRRDDEER,” he called. No answer. He repeated his yell this time proceeded a threat. No answer. Doug decided to get barder he knew that he had to be around here somewhere. A little pissed because Barder hadn’t answered he headed out the door. As he stepped off the porch a glimpse of a lifeless dog caught his eye. It was Barder. He ran over an knelt by his side, from what he observed he wasn’t breathing. Doug then noticed a few feet away from him a was a little girl with the turban on, she too wasn’t breathing. He pulled out his phone and dialed 911. He nev er found out what happened and he didn’t care. All Doug knew was the someone he cared for was dead and the last words to leave his mouth about him weren't pleasant.

No comments:

Post a Comment